Skip to main content

Repeat Sono

Well, this post will be short and sweet. Great news is I had a repeat sono this week that showed my cyst is smaller. My oncologist was happy to hear this and said that's good if it's smaller because cancer doesn't get smaller on its own. Reassuring! His nurse Paige has been a God send. Listening to my worries over and over again, all the while providing such sweet encouragement and support. 

I won't lie though... This week has been awful. I've been an emotional mess. Life, work, health. I feel like I'm standing still in the midst of a whirlwind. Like I said last post, two people I know have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer in the last week. For something so rare to happen twice, just awful. I have grieved for them knowing what they are about to endure. I have grieved for myself relieving the time I was diagnosed. My mind has been all over the place knowing I have a cyst we are watching and then having other symptoms as well. Going into yesterday I was terrified of it being much larger. Again, so thankful for the results I got. 
This phase in my journey has been so very difficult. It seems at every turn there's been something. A new cyst. Surgery. Another new cyst. Worrying about if symptoms I am having are related, is it cancer again or am I just nuts. Typically it's the latter but you get my point. I was listening to a sermon this week that hit home pretty hard. Matt Chandler was talking about how every time he goes in for a scan there's fresh fears and anxiety that surfaces. I didn't feel so guilty when I heard him say that. I mean if anyone loves Jesus. It's that dude. And he still worries and has anxiety about his cancer coming back. But there's a right way and wrong way to handle it. Here's a link to the sermon here...
I highly recommend listening to it if you have ever or will ever worry about anything. Which should be every single one of you :) Another thing he said hit home...

"The bottom line in most fear and anxiety is you don't simply trust God is good." 

I still have so much to process and work through. I am praying that in this valley the Lord would build my confidence back up in him. There's still work to be done in my heart. I still have trust issues. I have good days and I have bad days. We all do. Life is hard. As James tells us that WHEN trials come, count it all as joy. Not if they come, but when. It may not be cancer for you. But I am certain it's something. Everyone of us has something we are tightly holding onto. We can't be led by God if our hands are tied/full. Every single one of us will walk through a season or maybe a lifetime of suffering. It's not meaningless. Every single moment is worth it and God can be glorified through it. 
In this season, I am praying for the Holy Spirit to continue to show me his mercy. I am a bit stubborn and tend to live in my own strength. Hence why I am so exhausted. Lord help me to continue to trust you in the valleys like I do on the mountain tops. You are good. 

Love this song and the weight of the lyrics ... 
Though you slay me, yet I will praise you. 


Lifting up my teal sisters tonight. Lord continue to fight for them.. May they be healed of this horrific disease, but ultimately may we all find freedom in You, our Savior. 

Jesus, it's all for you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Team Holly Video

I am so excited to share with you this video of my journey with cancer. It's been long in the making but totally worth it. I wanted something to be able to remember all that the Lord has brought me through. Praising through the tears today as I watch this and share it with you. So much to celebrate! God is good, not only because he healed me, but because he never left me. I will never be the same. For that, I am thankful for cancer. As scary and difficult as the journey was, I am thankful. God has never been more real to me than he is now. Jesus, it's all for you! #teamholly

Surgery #2

Today I go in for removal of the dermoid cyst on my left ovary. The plan is to try to remove the cyst and leave the ovary. If he is unable to, then I will have a full hysterectomy. He will send a frozen section of the cyst to the pathologist to review while I am in the OR. He is not worried this is cancer. But, it still has to come out. Here I am, almost 6 months to the very day of my last surgery. It's a little surreal. I have had lots of flashbacks to those days in June. I look back at see how much the Lord has changed my heart in the last six months. Thank you Lord! Reading through my journal from June 28th I see a much different person writing down her thoughts. I see someone drowning in fears and trying to control every single second of her life.  A complete wreck! This morning's Rick Warren devotional describes how I feel now perfectly.... “Faith unlocks the promises of God and it shows us the power of God and it turns dreams into reality and it gives us the

Cancer from a mother's perspective....

From a Mother’s perspective… by Lisa Thomas From the time you were born, you have always been our headstrong child. Sometimes it was a good thing and some times it wasn't. You were the one that always asked “why not” when you were told you couldn't do something.   After the third time, I would tell you “because I am the mama and when you get to be the mama you can do what you want” .   Now that you are a mama you might understand “why” better. We have been through a lot during your growing years, but his by far the toughest. You called me on Saturday before your surgery and said you would be going to the doctor Monday because you felt “something” in your lower abdomen. We were worried but knew it wouldn’t be anything bad. However, when you called back on Monday and said you were having surgery on Tuesday for the mass it was a little bit different feeling. When Cory came out after the surgery it was a great day. The first pathology report showed it to be benign. Pra