Skip to main content

Team Holly Care Bags

He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.”  2 Corinthians 1:4


Attention all Team Holly members! I wanted to share with you an amazing opportunity the Lord has laid on my heart. I am so blessed to have been given the love and support that I have over the last few months. It truly is how I got through this journey to this point. I can never express how thankful I am. During this process, I have felt this heaviness for other women who are or who will be going through the same journey. For many reasons, the Lord has laid it on my heart to reach out to help these women. I want to give them hope when they may feel none at all. 

I would like to make care bags to give to women who are diagnosed with ovarian cancer. This is a bag that will be filled with a list of items that I found helpful during my journey. The bags will be given to women at my doctor’s office by his awesome nurse and scheduler. I am so excited they agreed to help out with this effort by being the hands and feet of Jesus along with us!

So here’s what we need. I believe the Lord laid this on my heart and I am praying and believing that we all can make it happen.

I have already had a donation of 10 bags and blankets to start us off by one of my AMAZING friends. My goal is to make 10 bags to deliver by Thanksgiving. The number of women diagnosed each month varies. The initial 10 bags may only last 1-2 months, or just a few weeks. There is no way to know. So there’s no limit to donations here J  I would love for this to be an ongoing effort. 
So here’s where you come in.  If you are in a position that you can help support Team Holly’s efforts, please let me know. I will take item donations or money donations to buy the items. I can likely buy a lot of these items in bulk off Amazon Prime, which would reduce the cost per item.
Also, if you would like to write some hand-written notes, that would be amazing. You could mail those directly to me to be included. I know those meant so much to me. I looked forward to those every day I had one.

 Here's the tentative list of items. All of the items will fill 1 bag.  The first GOAL is 10 bags by Thanksgiving!

Care Bag Items

Personal items
Chapstick (non-scented)
Lotion- non-scented, sensitive (travel or regular size)
Head cap (these I will buy from a special store with money donations)
Hand sanitizer  (travel size)
Kleenex (travel size)
Socks
Blanket
Sunscreen (travel size)

Gift cards
$15 iTunes gift card
Food gift cards (restaurants or a Visa/Mastercard that can be used anywhere)
Grocery store gift cards (Kroger, Walmart, Target)

Reading materials
Journal
Jesus Calling devotional book (teal-color) - ~$14 each on Amazon 
Pens
Magazines
Blank note cards
Crossword puzzle
Hand written notes to encourage the recipient 

Snacks
Box of granola/protein bars
Peppermints
Ginger chews
box of tea bags
Reusuable plastic water bottle (liter sized) or tumbler
Crystal light packets
package of gum
Peanuts or mixed nuts
Peanut butter crackers



This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you.”   John 15:12

I am praying and believing the Lord is going to come through BIG TIME here so that we can love these women well. Please let me know if you would like to help out in any way.  

HOW TO HELP:
1). Email me at hmtomlin@att.net if you would like to mail me item donations. I can meet anyone locally that has donations.
Here is the link to sign up for item donations.

www.SignUpGenius.com/go/8050E4BABAB283-care 

2). Send money donations to me via www.paypal.com  -- hmtomlin@att.net
- login to paypal, click on send/request money, send money to hmtomlin@att.net


Jesus, this is all for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Team Holly Video

I am so excited to share with you this video of my journey with cancer. It's been long in the making but totally worth it. I wanted something to be able to remember all that the Lord has brought me through. Praising through the tears today as I watch this and share it with you. So much to celebrate! God is good, not only because he healed me, but because he never left me. I will never be the same. For that, I am thankful for cancer. As scary and difficult as the journey was, I am thankful. God has never been more real to me than he is now. Jesus, it's all for you! #teamholly

Surgery #2

Today I go in for removal of the dermoid cyst on my left ovary. The plan is to try to remove the cyst and leave the ovary. If he is unable to, then I will have a full hysterectomy. He will send a frozen section of the cyst to the pathologist to review while I am in the OR. He is not worried this is cancer. But, it still has to come out. Here I am, almost 6 months to the very day of my last surgery. It's a little surreal. I have had lots of flashbacks to those days in June. I look back at see how much the Lord has changed my heart in the last six months. Thank you Lord! Reading through my journal from June 28th I see a much different person writing down her thoughts. I see someone drowning in fears and trying to control every single second of her life.  A complete wreck! This morning's Rick Warren devotional describes how I feel now perfectly.... “Faith unlocks the promises of God and it shows us the power of God and it turns dreams into reality and it gives us the

Cancer from a mother's perspective....

From a Mother’s perspective… by Lisa Thomas From the time you were born, you have always been our headstrong child. Sometimes it was a good thing and some times it wasn't. You were the one that always asked “why not” when you were told you couldn't do something.   After the third time, I would tell you “because I am the mama and when you get to be the mama you can do what you want” .   Now that you are a mama you might understand “why” better. We have been through a lot during your growing years, but his by far the toughest. You called me on Saturday before your surgery and said you would be going to the doctor Monday because you felt “something” in your lower abdomen. We were worried but knew it wouldn’t be anything bad. However, when you called back on Monday and said you were having surgery on Tuesday for the mass it was a little bit different feeling. When Cory came out after the surgery it was a great day. The first pathology report showed it to be benign. Pra